Monday 9 July 2012

First post

Hi everyone,

It is a drizzly day in Brisbane so I am doing my housekeeping:  getting my photo albums up to date, starting working on my blog, and then rewarding myself with some art.  You"ll work out how well my housekeeping is going if I manage to put up some pictures on my blog site today.  Tech savvy I am not.  I think  need a technical secretary ( unpaid, of course)  so I can concentrate on creating. 

Now it is holiday time, I have set up a screen printing workshop in the garage, and a book making workshop on the dining table ( note to self : use newspaper and a cutting mat to protect the oak wood from blades, paint, glue and textas), and a knitting workshop on the armchair.  Maisie, my cairn terrier is in heaven as this gives her more opportunities to steal and eat things she knows i need.  So far, she has succeeded with wool, cellotape, a pencil, a paintbrush and some paper I had put aside, but I have foiled her attempt to chew the scissors, a darning needle and a print.  I have been multi-tasking between finishing off my art diary of my trip to Copenhagen last year (pictures will come when it is all done), printing off more images on my screens, planning an applique on a boring old skirt, and finishing off a knitted doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment