Friday 14 June 2013

Coloured prints and a trip up the coast

 
 
Next week is the opening of the BIA student exhibition, "Spectacle" so I have been finishing off pieces of work in preparation. 
 
These are two more of my ink rock series:
 


This is one of my monoprints on inked watercolour paper, with pastel highlights:



And this one is a portrait I did long ago, monoprinted onto watercolour paper with ink, embellished with pastels.



I dedicated this one to the home renovators of my acquaintance:

 


while this one is dedicated to Brisbane's "feathered rats", the ibis:


But, this is my current favourite, an ode to the robin:


 As well as painting, I have been knitting - especially during a very wet family trip up the coast.  We stayed in Noosa, which featured the sort of rain we usually get during the summer rainy season.  However, we were lucky enough to strike a break in the cloud to visit the beach and for some of us to get in some swimming and sand-castle making.


And, inspired by my son-in-law taking photographs of the sea with his waterproof camera, I started a new obsession with water:


We also took a day trip up to Tin Can Bay, hoping to see some tame wild dolphins.

 
Unfortunately, by the time we got there, they had all eaten and gone.  However, we did get to paddle among the mangroves.
 


Back in Noosa, I got some inspiration for future works from the pandanus palms:


and some bromeliads:



All too soon, we were back home in Brisbane.  Ah well, I still have a lot to do before the exhibition!

No comments:

Post a Comment