Thursday 20 June 2013

The Brisbane Institute of Art student exhibition

The BIA exhibition of students' work, "Spectacle", opens on Friday 21 June at 6pm, and will continue until Wednesday 26 June.  As a result, I have been frantically finishing off pieces so that I have a choice on what I hang.

I finished making my book of Incredible Insects, which is made using monoprinted, ink and watercolour papers which have been machine embroidered.



I also added colour to  some of my prints:




This piece, called "Beetle Juice", uses ink and pen.


And, this mixed media piece uses ink, monoprints, pen and pastel.


This quilt uses photocopies onto cotton of my watercolours



 
I had a preview of the exhibition today as I was hanging  my pieces with the others in Mia Clarke's group of Expressive Watercolour artists.  We were pretty chuffed with our work,




but, looking around, I found lots of  artists I am also keen on following









Do yourselves a favour and  pop along to admire the variety and pick up an original piece of art at a reasonable price!

No comments:

Post a Comment