Tuesday 6 August 2013

Another quilt and experimenting with copper etching.

I'm rather pleased with myself.  I've finished my little cot quilt in record time:


and used the scraps to make a little toy rabbit.


I still found time to make another little horse


continue knitting my blanket, and start on a beanie.

I also made my first copper etching prints, based on John Donne's "The Sunne Rising".




As well as working at home, I have been admiring the work of  Cheng-kang Fan at the BIA.  I really like his style:





 

 

This week at the BIA will be the opening of The Collective's printing based work, "Proof".  I've seen some of their work and it is pretty impressive.  Opening night is Friday.  Do yourself a favour and drop into the Metcalfe Gallery to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment