Tuesday 13 August 2013

Donkeys to cuddle and the latest exhibition by the Collective

  I finished my donkey from the pattern in Karin Neuschutz's "Sew Soft Toys"



 and thought it so cute  I made another, this time from Carol.S. Friedricha's "The Pooh Craft Book".


.  I'd forgotten how nice it is to make soft toys.  These are destined for adults.  Why should children get all the cuddles?

Inspired by Penny Berens of Tanglewood Thread's blog, I have started embroidering on a long strip I made patched with pieces from my hand dyed fabric stash.  No idea what it is to become, but I am enjoying the process.


I rediscovered Threads and More in Indooroopilly and bought myself some threads to use on this, and eyed some wool for further knitting projects.

Speaking of knitting, I also finished my latest beanie:



As well as working on my projects, I also popped into the exhibition, "Proof ",at the Metcalfe Gallery. to admire the printowork by the Collective.  Here is a sample of some of the work on show:


(aluminium bowl and printed paper bowl, by Jennifer Long)


(a sculpture by Wendy Clark)


(printed work by Judy Keogh)

 
( adapted books by Julie Thornton)
 


(Sandra Taylor's aluminium printing plates transformed into a sculpture)

 (Pip Reid's print)


(Elisabeth Lawrence's print).

I also enjoyed reading :Indigo. The color that changed the world"  by Catherine legrand>  Santa Claus!  It is on my Christmas list!

4 comments:

  1. I do believe that Bob has potential as a model if he decides to give up engineering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can't stop laughing, Derrick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I want to post the photo of him modelling the hat in progress here, but I can't add a picture :-(

    ReplyDelete