Wednesday 11 July 2012

Leaf litter

I like working with colour too, though I find it less controllable.

The last few years, I have done monoprinting with Mia Clark, Nancy Brown and Sandra Pearce, both with and without a press, and have got incredibly different takes on the same basic idea.  The nice thing about working withother people how much you learn from each other, and how different everone's work turns out.  What is stressful, yet liberating about monoprinting, is that the results are, for me at least, unpredictable. And they are individual.  No two are the same, even when you are using the same materials.  And, each print prompts a different response.

Sometimes I like the after image better than the first print.  
Sometimes I like the subtlety of one colour.
Sometimes, I like the pizzazz of a second colour.
 Sometimes I want to add a different medium to the original image


( "After image" . Monoprint. 18.5 x 24.5 image. $60AUD)



("Texture dance".  Monoprint. 18.5 x24.5 image. $ 60 AUD)















No comments:

Post a Comment