Saturday 4 August 2012

Baby love

Flew down to Melbourne and was picked up by good friends, Trish and Mark, who took us back for a quick cuppa at their house.  I'd forgotten how much of my stuff she has picked up and framed over the years.  It looks great in her house and makes me feel quite flattered.  Then Mark drove us over to my daughter's house  where we collapsed into a very deep sleep after all the running
 about of the day.

Our gorgeous grand-daughter, Jacqueline, greeted us with her usual smiling face and we had breakfast together.  Then, her little friend Caitlin, turned up and the fun was on.  Caitlin played Dolly's house and Jac set down to some serious drawing - mostly body art, but that's still art isn't it?
Mum intervened and redirected the talent into shape drawings and singing and Caitlin I joined in.  Great fun.

Too soon, we had to leave for the 6 hour ( for us - we took the wrong turn once, and stopped for two breaks) drive to Mt. Gambier.  Gee Victoria is beautiful at this time of year!  Cool and crisp.  Bare tree branches  outlined against the  sky.  Rolling hills interspersed between river valleys.  Quiet little villages with bluestone Victorian cottages and jonquils blooming.  Lambs beside their mothers in the fields. Hawks hovering over the hedgerows.  The area between Casterton and Hamilton particularly took my fancy.  So pretty, with lovely old houses and green rolling hills.

I was a bit disappointed at the border with South Australia.  There is no big sign proclaiming te change in states!  But, the drive is still picturesque and Mt. Gambier is a pretty town.

We finally met our newest little grandson, Dylan Rohan, and he is sooooo beautiful.  A great head of the softest, thickest hair, chubby little arms and he is  really good at snuggling up for cuddles.  We are in love.  I brought my knitting and drawing and painting things, but I don't think I'll get much done!

No comments:

Post a Comment