Wednesday 27 February 2013

Short and sweet

I haven't got a lot done this week, but have still had fun. 

I managed to visit the Edwina Corlette Gallery with my friend Trish, who is up here for some R and R.  We respecially liked Hannah Cutts's display of "deer skulls" featuring bicycle seats attached to antlers, and her patchwork displays made out of old linoleum, but were very surprised that her series using red sea coral hadn't sold as well as they were wonderful too. 

I have continued experimenting with my ink paintings and finished off the two I showed you last week. 

This is a little one  which I think is quite sweet based on a mobile I saw:


And this is one I did is based on holidays at Walkerville and Sandy Point holidays in Victoria.



I didn't like this one so much, so I think I'll use it for a book cover or something besides a painting.


And, I have been knitting away, and getting backgrounds ready for new paintings, so I hope to get some more pieces finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment