Sunday 5 January 2014

New Years arts and crafts.

Happy New Year, everybody!  I am determined to learn new art and craft skills in 2014 and create, make and  do more!  I have a challenge ahead of me since I will be renovating my house and garden, doing the same for my mum's house and garden, and, hopefully, building a garden studio over the year, but it will be fun too as I discover new shops, new classes and new activities.

With this is mind, I reacquainted myself with Bulleen Art and Garden, not only getting some ideas for my garden:


but, getting ideas for how to use art in the garden


checking out the art for sale in the Bolin Bolin Gallery,



and the workshops available .

 I also intend to attend as many art and craft markets in Melbourne as I can find, as they are great places to discover amazing artists.  Before Christmas, I visited my son's card and framed picture stall "Breakfast Time" (which can be found on-line at http://www.etsy.com/shop/breakfasttime or https://www.facebook.com/breakfasttimecards )  at the monthly Lonely Hunter market in the Cape Lounge in Fitzroy. I bought some beautiful porcelain mobiles there, resisted the great jewellery and vowed to return.  He and his girlfriend did well as people discovered and liked his work.


I also caught up with the Rose Street market, which is also in the area,and had a lovely time photographing all the street art in the area.







Over Christmas,  I received some great gifts thanks to very generous friends and families.  My handmade present by a very good friend  was this fantastic knitted pineapple t-cosy, to remind me of life in Queensland!  What fun!


In return, I made her this little doll, inspired by her dog, Rusty. .....though he is much cuter and fluffier than the doll.




I also started on a family group of deer, which I can display next Christmas!



 
Inspired by some of my pins from Pinterest, I have experimented with my interpretations  of traditional  prehistoric rock paintings on my hand rusted paper, using ink, charcoal, pastel and conte. I am mad on horses, so of course I had to draw some of those.


And. visiting a new friend, Henry the cat, I decided to keep up with my knitting, but he was not impressed with my efforts, and decided to improve on my knitting style!
 
 
I'm plotting some new projects right now, so in the next few posts you should see some new pieces taking shape.

1 comment: